Saturday, January 3, 2009

Digital Scams

Internet community is flooded with SCAMS.
I am writing this short blog to help the net surfers from being lured to these scams.
I was reading an authentic Internet Magazine having its origin in Pakistan when I came across an article named "Digital Scams". In this 3-Page article very useful information was given about different type of scams such as Chain letters/e-mails, Multi-level-marketing(MLM) Schemes, Earn a living by typing at home, Call a 1-900 or 0900 number for more information, Advance fee scams, You've won a prize, Fake Jobs, Get Rich Quick, Fake Charities etc.
I cannot cover these topics on my blog due to shortage of time and their healthy length. But there is one thing that I want to cover here is the "Scams Symptoms" which the magazine stated. I am reproducing them here under:

Scam Symptoms

  • The company is asking for an advance payment
  • The company has no physical address or phone number
  • The offer is time restricted and requires making a quick decision
  • The offer is too good to be true
Section "E-STRATEGY" article "Digital Scams" By "Farhan Kamal"
Abstract from SPIDER Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment